Welcome to my blog

It is quite an honor for me to have your visit in my blog. This blog is about antique bicycle, which i have collected during my visit to places in suburban areas. These bicycles were sold at a very cheap price to me by the vendors, who were actually not pure vendors. They were just a "hand over" people. They handed over theirs to me just to make sure that theirs will be for collection only. And not for sell nor thorn a part for cannibalism.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Popular Ladies Hercules 1925



The Frame Serial Number BA 127787
bought on 27 February 2011, the fourth hunting

This Bicycle is made by Hercules, and it is a special edition. Since, its colour is reddish, a rare elegant color and glowing. From the first time i saw it, although it stood quite a distance from me, it caught my sight instantly. I knew that i have fallen in love with this bicycle.


The Background Story

I have been walking around in an old and famous city for its antique. I have visited places that were known for bicycle. But, theirs were not so antique. Theirs were just ordinary bicycle, that have been painted and remodified to be seen as oldies.

When the sun is near to its sunset, i took my break at the small corner of the street, under a tree with my husband. A skinny old guy came and said hello to us. He said he has been watching us for a while, and asked us, where we were going. I answered him, that i am looking for an antique bicycle. But, my difficulties were some that i found were not antique enough, and the price is so expensive. It hurts my feeling to find out, that beautiful bicycles have been merchandised, so that only the rich are able to effort it.

He talked with us for a while about antique bicycles. He knows a lot about it. And beyond my expectation, this skinny old guy asked me to wait for a while under that tree. A couple minutes, he showed up with a bicycle, that from a distance, i knew that i have fallen in love. But, i lost my interest on it by remembering that antique bicycle are very expensive. So, i was just ignored him as he showed up with that bicycle.

He came and directly said that, i should not be worried about the price, he is willing to give it to me under the normal price. He just wants me to take care this bicycle, just like he does. He asked me to promise, that i would never sell it to anyone.

His motto is:
"Antique bicycles are a heritage of a nation. It has witnessed many events and played a great roll in history. As I love this nation, i expect you to take care this bicycle, the way i do."



Details



The Hercules Emblem is still attached, and a reddish colour is the special for Popular Ladies Hercules 1925.


The Frame Serial Number


The break system



The special marking for Popular Ladies Hercules 1925 is the loop at the frame as shown at the left picture, the loop has an extended ring area.


The Gear



At the rear wheel, the distance between the wheel and its cover,
that is also a Hercules special marking from other brands.




Reference
http://www.oldbike.eu/emancipation/?page_id=65



No comments:

Post a Comment