Welcome to my blog

It is quite an honor for me to have your visit in my blog. This blog is about antique bicycle, which i have collected during my visit to places in suburban areas. These bicycles were sold at a very cheap price to me by the vendors, who were actually not pure vendors. They were just a "hand over" people. They handed over theirs to me just to make sure that theirs will be for collection only. And not for sell nor thorn a part for cannibalism.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dames Juncker 1890s





Frame serial number 16730 4 (Under the Bottom Bracket Shell)
bought on 23rd May 2011, the sixth hunting.

A special thing about this bicycle, that is its frame at the rear, its shape is different from others. It is forming like a spoon, before the frame attached to the rear wheel. A-spoon rear frame has caught my attention. So, i bought this bicycle without knowing which brand it has. The vendor, an old wise guy, informed me that the spoon shape is the typical of Juncker.


The Background Story

As my aunty, Ronalda Tomasowa, me and my husband wished to transport our other bicycles (TOP, Fongers, and Humber sportive) from the warehouse to my aunty's house, then we saw an old dames bicycle. We came to the shop and check for its serial number on the right side frame under the saddle. But, it wasn't there. Then the vendor lifted up the bicycle, and showed us the frame number under the bottom bracket shell.

The vendor told that no one has interest to buy it, since it is so big, and old. Once again, we taught that we should rescue this bicycle, since it is old. Although we don't know which brand it has. So, my aunty suggested me to buy this bicycle. She is sure that this bicycle was antique enough, even older than her age.


History of Juncker

Juncker was one of dutch bicycle factories, which was established in 1898 in Ruwielen, Appeldoorn. The Juncker were sold in Europe, USA, and Asia, including in Indonesia. In 1968 Juncker was taken over by Gazelle.

Any kind of bicycle produced before 1910 had the best quality for metal material. But near 1910, good quality of metals were used to produced machine for the WWI. Although today they are 100 years old, but if you see it, their figure will look strong and gracious.

Any information on Juncker is difficult to be found.

(http://www.rijwiel.net/merken_e.htm).


Details

The Frame Serial Number



1 comment:

  1. I have a Juncker almost identical to thisin Australia.You are right there doesn't seem to be much info on these bikes. if you manage tind find out anything else please post a link.

    ReplyDelete